Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mayflower Alpaca Show

This weekend I attended my first Alpaca Show. My wife had gone to Pacafiesta in Halifax before but this was my first. If you are thinking of becoming an owner of Alpacas, definately attend a show or two. I learn things through out the weekend. I know have a much better understanding of confirmation, fleece and overall alpaca quality. There was also guest speakers that including vets, a researcher from the local veternary university, the judge of the show and others. All the Alpaca owners were very friendly and provided helpful tips.

I now have met another 7 or 8 other Alpaca owners who all seem interested in forming a loose group or club so that we can easily exchange ideas and help solve each other problems by passing on previous experience. Also as a group I think one goal we have in common is to try to educate the public more. The Mayflower show did have a regular flow of public attendance. Hopefully this will continue in the future.

To Heather who was the host of the show. Thank you

No comments: